Custom Search

Sunday, September 20, 2009

About Penang Bridge

Last friday was the last working day before Raya, everyone was expecting worse traffic in Penang Bridge. Even myself felt a bit worry when I was about leaving office. Along the way leaving office, met few colleagues, their words was "hey, traffic sure jam in Bridge now, better stay in office". However, I was firmed to leave office no matter how, as my wife and I want to see Yee Heng earlier. Furthermore, it is long weekend holiday and feel happy when leaving office.

When I reached the bridge entrance from Bayan Baru, it was out of my surprise, no jam. The notice board showed take 15 mins to reach the other end. The traffic was unbelievable smooth, only jam when reach the other end to enter KL highway exit. I recalled the week before, it was smooth traffic in Penang bridge also.

As a resident in mainland, I really hope this situation will continue for the remaining days. And I really hope it is not because of during Puasa season. In fact, the bridge expansion really resolves the traffic congestion. By solving terrible traffic issue, it saves people's time and turn to more productive, less heat generation and pollution from car engine to air, save petrol usage and etc... There are tone of benefits that we know of. But why the problem only get resolved just today, why not earlier??

I wish governement, no matter BN or PR, need to solve people's major issue. Try as many as approach until the problem get resolved. I remember there was 1 time where stop, wait and go implemented in Penang bridge to reduce number of car reach the bottleneck at the same time. However, it failed but I don't see problem at least we tried. Thus, we shouldn't criticise but feel proud at least some effort been carried out. This is an good example I myself personally can feel the benefit. Let pray peoples in Penang, peoples in Malaysia have better tomorrow...

People representative, don't stop here, we're still wating for more good news from you. Cheer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment